Trick or Treat Baskets from recycled bottles
Courtesy of the folks from celebrations.com
You will need:
Empty orange juice or milk jug
Non-toxic acrylic paint
Mod Podge or PVA glue
- Use sharp scissors to cut off the top of the jug.
- Tape the rough edges with duct tape or clear packing tape.
- Paint jug with acrylic paint.
- When paint is dry, use felt, construction paper and googly eyes to give the carrier a personality.
- Add a handle with pipe cleaner and beads.
Recycled Bag Luminaries
(Thanks to the folks at iparty.com for contributing this idea)
This easy and affordable craft is perfect for last minute decorating. It’s also a great way to reuse paper grocery bags.
- Paper grocery bags
- Light Sticks (available at most craft and hardware stores).
- Use a black marker to draw a face onto the middle of each bag (I recommend using the side that has no writing).
- Use sharp scissors to cut out each face (this should be done by an adult).
- Place light stick inside the bag.
- Place luminary in a dark area and enjoy.
Helpful Hint: This craft also works well with plain brown paper lunch bags.