Superbowl Sunday Recipes, St Jude and Radio Disney
What does the Superbowl Sunday, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and Radio Disney have in common? All 3 can help you give back this weekend! That’s right, Sunday is the big game and as JRB and I get ready to enjoy the festivities oh and the game, I wanted to share something really awesome that you can do this Sunday to help the awesomeness that is St. Jude…
St. Jude Game Day. Give Back. It’s all about football, food and philanthropy.
Here’s how you can participate:
- Host a Game Day. Give Back. party of any size at home, work or community center for St. Jude. Need help with a menu? Try these recipes** from St. Jude Executive Chef Miles McMath.
- Not big on cooking? Chili’s Grill & Bar is offering Game Day specials. And, mention St. Jude when placing to go or delivery orders on Feb. 2 and they will donate 10 percent of your total bill to St. Jude.
- Be a virtual quarterback, setting up a personalized fundraising page on the St. Jude website then email family and friends or share on social media.
- The more you raise, the more you help St. Jude help save kids. And you can earn incentives such as gift certificates to the St. Jude online gift shop, or the grand prize – a trip for four to Memphis to visit the hospital to see the lifesaving work in action.
Meanwhile, if you live in the Bay Area tune into Radio Disney AM 1360 on Sunday to hear me share the following recipe as well as some other healthy eats! Go Bears!!!!!! (Sorry bad habit go Seahawks!)
Brooklyn’s Touchdown Party Pizzas
1 package whole wheat pita pockets
- 1 can pizza sauce
- 8 oz. bag of mozzarella cheese
- 1 package mini pepperonis
- Any of your family’s favorite toppings
- Olive oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lay all ingredients out to set up a make your own pizza station that will allow everyone to get involved! Slice pita pockets in half so that you have two flat discs. Sprinkle with olive oil. Spread sauce on both halves and sprinkle with cheese and pepperonis. *You can also add a variety of your favorite veggies. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges look slightly crispy and cheese is bubbly. Remove from oven and cut into fourths for a bite-sized healthy appetizer that will have everyone yelling Touchdown! Pepperoni and cheese pizzas were the favorite of the St. Jude patients at the pizza bar during a St. Jude Game Day. Give Back party at the hospital.
Marion’s Miracle Mix
- 1 cup of miniature pretzel sticks or pretzel twist
- 1 cup of any type of whole grain cereal
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or other type of dried fruit
- 1/2 cup chocolate candy pieces (or switch out for a peanut butter version)
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower seeds or nuts