- Printable pdf (download here)
- Straight pins and beads with small holes
- Print pinwheel art pdf and cut out the square pinwheel piece and circle center piece. On the square pinwheel piece, cut corners along the dotted lines, stopping about 3/4” from center. Punch holes where noted.
- Have your child address the “To” and “From.” (This is easier to do when the pinwheel is flat.)
- Insert pin through one bead, and then through the hole in circle cutout.
- With printed-side down, turn each pinwheel corner toward the center hole and one by one put pin through each of the four holes and then through the center hole.
- Finally, add one more bead to the pin and insert it into the eraser. There should be enough space between the beads for the pinwheel to spin.