Delight your family with fun and frivolity with these St Patrick’s Day crafts and activities.
Mischief Making Leprechaun Diorama
This project combines 3 things I love, crafts, puzzles and the Dollar Tree. Here’s the premise: According to legend, Leprechauns of kind hearted tricksters who love to cause mischief. So JRB and I created a “Mischeivious Diorama” for his 7-year-old cousin using my hot glue gun and bright, colorful items we bought from Dollar Tree. Included with the diorama, JRB and I created a series of I-Spy Riddles:
- Riddle 1: I float but I’m not a boat.
- Riddle 2: Find 12 dots.
- Riddle 3: Flying Butter
- Riddle 4: H + Cat – C =
- Riddle 5: I am made of wax but you can’t write with me.
If dioramas are not your thing, try making this fun “I Spy Bottle Game” that is great to play on-the-go! Here’s the premise: According to Celtic folklore, there is a pot of gold at the end of every rainbow. But, with this activity, there are treasures within the rainbow. Here’s how to make it:
- Make rainbow rice by placing roughly 1 cup of rice in 4-7 different plastic cups. Add a few drops of different colored food coloring in each cup and stir. Pour rice onto a waxed paper lined cookie sheet and set aside until dry. Meanwhile…
- Go to Dollar Tree and buy a wide mouth bottle or thermos and an assortment of fun materials that will fit inside the bottle (such as plastic bugs, balls, crayons, etc).
- Tape a list of “hidden treasures” on the bottle.
- Shake the bottle to help your kids find the hidden treasures.
It’s an unwritten truth that if you find a Leprechaun’s pot of gold, you get to keep it. In our house, the elusive pot of gold includes goodies from our favorite store ~ Dollar Tree! To make the search even more fun, I created a rainbow treasure hunt where JRB has to look through the house to find color coordinated clues. It’s a fun and easy way to celebrate the magic of St Patrick’s Day!
Wishing you all a Magical St Patrick’s Day filled with mischief and fun!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. Although Dollar Tree has compensated me for my time, all opinions and crazy craft ideas are my own.